Latest updates from the campaign:
Ballot Position Lottery
Richard went to Harrisburg for the Ballot Position Lottery with the Department of Elections. He drew 31st on the ballot position as a Democrat and 4th as a Republican.
Final Election Day Reminders
1. If you received/applied for a mail-in or absentee ballot and would like to vote in-person you must bring your ballot and surrender it in order to vote.
2. If you did not receive your ballot or cannot find your mail-in or absentee ballot, you can still vote at your polling place, but you will need to vote by filling out a provisional ballot.
3. Remember to bring your ID.
4. If you have a sign in your yard you can put it out at a polling location tomorrow.
5. Make sure your friends vote!
6. And finally cast your vote for the longest name on the ballot, Richard Thomas Ernsberger.
Thank you to everyone for their support throughout this campaign!!
Monday, May 10, 2021 8:59 AM
Watch Richard's Campaign Ad
I'm happy to announce that my campaign advertisement is running on television right now. Here is a link for you to view it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZEZXdDHfeI
Sunday, May 9, 2021 1:37 PM
Reminder: Last Day to Order Mail-In Ballots is May 11
Deadlines for the May 18 Municipal Primary Election
- May 11, 2021 at 5 pm - APPLICATIONS for a mail-in or absentee ballot must be received by your county election board
- May 18, 2021 at 8 pm – VOTED BALLOTS must be RECEIVED by your county election office - postmarks are not enough
There are three options to receive a mail-in ballot:
1. Option 1: Apply for a Mail-in or Absentee Ballot Online: VotesPA.com/ApplyMailBallot
2. Option 2: Apply for a Mail-in or Absentee Ballot by mail: Download and complete a paper mail-in or absentee ballot application and place in the mail
3. Option 3: Apply at your county election board on the sixth floor of the County Office Building at 542 Forbes Avenue in downtown Pittsburgh.
Monday, May 3, 2021 10:10 AM
Online Meet & Greet May 5, 2021
Save the Date
Save the Date Online- Meet & Greet
When: May 5, 2021
Time 6 until 7 PM
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a link to attend
Friday, April 16, 2021 10:49 AM
Meet & Greet with the Candidate- May 2, 2021
Meet & Greet
with Richard Thomas Ernsberger
Sunday May 2, 2021
from 12-3 pm
Sycamore Grove at Highland Park
Pittsburgh, Pa 15206
Tuesday, April 13, 2021 11:34 AM
Meet & Greet with the Candidate- April 18, 2021
Meet & Greet with Judicial Candidate Richard Ernsberger
April 18, 2021
2413 Freeport Road
Natrona Heights, Pa 15065
Thursday, March 18, 2021 4:22 PM
Thank you for signing Richard's Petition and here is an update on my Ballot position.
Petitions and Ballot
Thank you to everyone that circulated and signed Richard Ernsberger's Petition to run for Judge. Richard was able to cross-file as both a Democrat and Republican.
Richard went to Harrisburg for the Ballot Position Lottery on March 17, 2021 with the Department of Elections. Richard drew 31st on the ballot position as a Democrat and 4th as a Republican.
Thursday, March 4, 2021 6:48 AM
Petition Drop Off and Signing: Thursday, March 4th from 5:30 to 7:30 at Cupka's Cafe II
Meet Richard and drop off your petitions for him or come sign his petition today from 5:30 to 7:30 at Cupka's Cafe II: 2314 E Carson St, Pittsburgh, PA 15203. Thanks in advance to everyone who is circulating or has signed!
Saturday, February 27, 2021 8:15 AM
Rated Recommended to hold Judicial Office by the Allegheny County Bar Association
The Judiciary Committee of the Allegheny County Bar Association has rated Richard Thomas Ernsberger as Recommended to hold judicial office. The rating means that the Committee found that Richard possesses a reputation for the utmost integrity and the legal ability, experience, and temperament to excel as a judge of the court of Common Pleas.
The Allegheny County Bar Association's Judiciary Committee is a group of 24 lawyers independently elected by the 6,500 members of the ACBA. The Judiciary Committee is charged by the ACBA with evaluating all candidates for local, appellate, and federal courts who reside in Allegheny County.
The Judiciary Committee examines candidates strictly on their merit, without reference to political affiliation or activity. And also adheres to a strict policy of confidentiality; only the final decision reflecting a candidate's rating is released. (Note: Recommended Definition and description of the Judiciary Committee and its Judicial Ratings are sourced from the ACBA website)
Monday, February 22, 2021 4:22 PM
Petition Drop Off: Thursday, 2/25 from 5:30 to 6:30 @ City Works PGH
Thank you to everyone that has been circulating Richard's Petitions. This Thursday 2/25, from 5:30 to 6:30 PM you can meet Richard at City Works in Market Square to drop off your petitions. Please remember to fill out and sign the STATEMENT OF CIRCULATOR box on the back of each petition. If you need additional petitions, please let us know and we will get them to you or you can download them from our website.
Tuesday, February 16, 2021 1:53 PM
Petition Time: Download or Request Richard's Petition
It is a snowy wintry day in Pittsburgh, but we are working hard to get on the ballot. And need your help and support. If you can sign Richard's petition and/or can gather signatures for us Richard would greatly appreciate it.
1. If you would like us to mail you a petition please email Richerns4judge@gmail.com with your mailing information or you can fill out our contact form.
2. You can download and print Richard's petition. Please remember that it must be printed Double-sided and with both pages facing in the same direction. You can pass both a Republican and Democratic Petition for Richard. Just make sure only registered Democrats from Allegheny County sign the Democrat Petition, and only registered Republicans from Allegheny County sign the Republican Petition.
Democratic Petition: RTEDemocratic_Petition.pdf
Republican Petition: RTE_Republican_Petition.pdf
Monday, February 15, 2021 2:26 PM
YDAC Talent Show 2/15 @ 7PM
Come see Richard at the YDAC Candidate Talent Show tonight, 2/15 @ 7PM Please use the attached link for tickets to the YDAC Talent Show.
Monday, February 15, 2021 2:02 PM
Petitions have been mailed, signing starts 2/16
Petitions have been sent out and the first day you can sign the petition is February 16. We would like to thank everyone that agreed to sign Richard's petition and helping to get him on the ballot to run for judge in Allegheny County. If you have any questions about filing out the petition, getting a petition, or returning it, please send a direct message to email@example.com
Wednesday, January 20, 2021 9:19 AM
The key first step in running for judge is to get on the ballot. To do so, I am cross-filing with both the Democratic and Republican parties. I need to obtain at minimum 500 signatures of voters registered as Democrats in Allegheny County, and 500 signatures of voters registered as Republicans in Allegheny County. Please contact me on the "Contact" tab of this site if you'd like to sign my petition and/or join our petition squad to help collect signatures!